As a fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon, Dr. Nickul Jain has specific training and an interest in minimally invasive surgical techniques and motion preservation (nonfusion) surgeries for the adult degenerative spine. In his practice, Dr. Jain personally ensures his patients are well-educated regarding their specific injuries or conditions and potential treatment options. He is dedicated to working directly with his patients in creating customized plans of care for their individual needs and lifestyle.
After graduating from Stanford University with honors, Dr. Jain earned his medical degree from the University of California, Irvine, where he also underwent his internship and residency training in orthopedic surgery. Dr. Jain then completed a combined orthopedic and neurosurgical spine fellowship at the University of Southern California Spine Center with a focus on both nonsurgical and surgical treatment options for adult neck and back spine conditions.
Dr. Jain has written multiple book chapters and peer-reviewed journal articles about spine conditions and surgical techniques and has a strong interest in advancing spine care for patients’ benefit by being actively engaged in clinical research and new technologies. He is also an active member of multiple professional societies, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AOSpine, and the North American Spine Society.
When he is not seeing patients, Dr. Jain enjoys an active lifestyle and spends his spare time playing golf, traveling, and snowboarding.
Dr. Jain is available to see patients at the Bakersfield office.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lumbar Fusion
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Cervical Foraminotomy
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression
- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy
- Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Pars Repair
- Posterior Cervical Fusion
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomy and Fusion
- Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Deformity Correction
- Thoracic Fusion
- Thoracic Laminectomy
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion