This fellowship emphasizes a well-integrated approach to the diagnosis and management of the athlete in the clinic, on the field and in the OR.
Surgical experience is broad, including areas of knee, shoulder, wrist, elbow, foot, and ankle, with special emphasis on arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction, and reconstructive shoulder and knee surgery.
The fellow actively participates in and plans conferences, instructional courses, and research activities. State-of-the-art clinical, audiovisual, and research facilities as well as an extensive library of videotapes, slides, articles, and books are available.
Benefits of the Fellowship Program
- The stipend is $60,000.
- The fellow is provided malpractice insurance, hospital and medical insurance (for self and dependents), and two weeks of vacation.
- The fellow is sponsored at two continuing education/academic courses.
- Accreditation: this fellowship is ACGME-accredited.
- Applicants must have completed an approved orthopedic residency.
- For the 2016-2017 fellowship year, SCOI is participating in the Fellowship Match. All applications must be submitted via the San Francisco Match Web site at www.sfmatch.org. No applications should be mailed directly to SCOI.
- Interviews for the 2016-2017 year will be held on Saturday, February 21, 2015.
- Deadline for the 2016-2017 year is on November 1, 2014.
- The program is a 53-week duration from August 1 to August 8 of the following year.
Program Contact Info:
Richard D. Ferkel, MD—Fellowship Director
Southern California Orthopedic Institute
6815 Noble Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91405
Phone: (818) 901-6600 Ext. 1526
Fax: (818) 901-6660