Surviving UV Safety Awareness Month
Did you know that heat is one of the leading causes of weather-related deaths and illnesses? It’s time to protect yourself! The doctors at Southern California Orthopedic Institute put together the following tips to help you and your loved ones beat the heat this summer:
- Drink Up – Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, such as water or juice.
- Car Safety – Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle.
- Clothing – Consider wearing clothing that is comfortable, loose, and lightly colored.
- Stay Cool – Avoid being outdoors with scorching temperatures. If you are outside, try to stay in the shade and take breaks as much as you can.
- Always Check on Others – Frequently check on family, friends, neighbors, or pets who don’t have air conditioning. Ensure that they have a fan or plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
If you think you or a loved one is experiencing a heat-related illness, seek medical attention right away.
Southern California Orthopedic Institute is in the process of updating our electronic medical records system. During this time, you may experience extended wait times and delays including delays in scheduling an appointment.x