SCOI is open and seeing patients, including those needing care for urgent orthopedic injuries. However, established and new patients are encouraged to schedule a video visit for any of the following reasons:
- You are 65 years of age or above, or have an underlying medical condition which puts you in a high risk category.
- You are interested in doing a video visit in lieu of an office visit, either for follow-up or for a new condition.
- You answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions on the Infectious Disease Screening Questionnaire.
Additional requirements to be scheduled for a video visit:
- You are physically located in California during the video visit. (Providers can only treat patients in California.)
- You have a working smartphone or tablet with a working video camera and microphone.
Patients excluded from video visits are:
- Patients that are not physically located in California.
To schedule an appointment, either for in-person care or for a video visit, please call (818) 901-6600 or (661) 328-5565 for Bakersfield appointments, or request an appointment online.
Prior to the video visit, you must:
- Sign up for myUCLAhealth (If you do not have an account, SCOI will activate your account when scheduling your appointment.)
- Download the Epic MyChart application on your smartphone device.
For all technical questions, please call UCLA Health: (855) 364-7052
Orthopedic Telemedicine Visits Now Available for Current and New Patientsx