SRC Master Surgeon Accreditation
About an SRC Accreditation:
Status as an accredited Master Surgeon means that Harpreet S. Bawa, MD has met nationally recognized standards. Surgeons and facilities seeking accreditation by SRC undergo an extensive self-assessment. This process includes physicians, nurses, and administrators who are actively involved in the accredited program. Not all hospitals and surgeons seek accreditation; not all that undergo the rigorous inspection process are granted accreditation.
SRC accredits the top surgeons, physicians, and medical professionals in the world who are dedicated to sustaining a culture of excellence by committing to safety, high-quality surgical care, and optimal patient outcomes. This accreditation distinguishes Harpreet S. Bawa, MD from many other surgeons by providing the highest quality of care to patients as determined by an independent, external process of evaluation.
What does SRC’s gold seal of accreditation mean for you, the patient?
- SRC is independent and objective. Unlike some accreditation programs, SRC is not part of a medical society that uses its members to evaluate colleagues.
- The requirements for accreditation programs have been proven to improve outcomes and reduce the time you will spend in the hospital.
- SRC accredits facilities and medical professionals that are committed to creating and sustaining a culture of excellence. Designees dedicate significant time and resources to achieve their accreditation.
- SRC designees must adhere to meticulous accreditation standards, confirming compliance of these standards through rigorous site inspections. Inspections include evaluation of equipment used for treatment, patient education, and support groups, treatment pathways, and consultative services. Key members of the treatment team are interviewed. Detailed medical chart reviews are performed to verify the experience of each medical professional applicant and to evaluate whether the care they provide is thorough and complete.
- SRC is one of the few organizations that accredits both the medical facility and specific medical professionals. Many programs only accredit the hospital, not the individuals who provide the care – the physician.
ATTENTION! Due to construction, the patient drop-off area at our Van Nuys office will be temporarily unavailable beginning Monday, September 11, through Thursday, September 28. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.x